Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The inspiration that I've received from looking at my sister's and sister-in-law's blogs has convinced me to pick back up my photography skills and start back into looking at my surroundings through the eye of a camera. I'm very excited to take this view of the world, especially since I'm heading out to Nauvoo in a couple of weeks to visit my Mother and Step-Father. Before I get to Nauvoo, I will be making a short stop in Arkansas to mine for Diamonds at the Crater of the Diamonds National Park. This excites me tremendously. But, mining and my trip to Arkansas and Illinois are not the topic of this blog post, but rather my getting back into photography.

So, Janice decided to indulge my desire to dive into photography by purchasing me a new camera for my birthday - given that my cell phone camera is what I've been using. After much research, the Canon Digital Rebel XTi 10.1mp SLR became the winner.






Just for comparison purposes, I'm going to publish a few cell phone pictures and as soon as my new camera is part of my gadget repertoire, I will then publish using that tool.

Here is a picture of Harley sitting on her office chair, after a long day of working hard. She has the best job in the world - she is responsible for ensuring that the rest of us doing our jobs and that the neighborhood activities continue to take place - - which is why her chair must be by a window.










And, of course, we must check in with Bailey and see how he is doing.









Now, it isn't very often that I get the opportunity to attend a kindergarten graduation and especially one for my best 4 year old friend London. She did such a great job in the performance that she was in during the graduation and I was so proud of her. Here is a picture of her in her performance costume/outfit.

Hopefully I will be posting more often once I actually have a camera that allows me to take decent pictures. Happy Summer!!!

1 comment:

6 P's in a Pod said...

I'm looking forward to lots and lots of posts with your new camera.
P.S. I love London's cheezy-huge smile.